Thursday, August 18, 2016

Welcome Back

Dear Families, 
Welcome to first grade at Browning School!  I am thrilled to be a part of the first grade team and your child’s teacher.  I know this will be an awesome year! A quick introduction: my name is Lisa Schmidman.  This is my 30th year teaching at Browning School.  I grew up in the Milwaukee area and went to college here too.  I have four children who are 7, 12, 13 and 25.  I enjoy reading, watching movies and spending time with my family and friends.  I look forward to learning with your child. 

For your child’s journey to be successful, it is essential for me to understand that each child is a unique individual with special qualities and needs.  With the support of students and families, we will create a classroom environment that will recognize and respect individuality.  I will create a classroom environment that offers a variety of meaningful teaching styles so that each child will have the opportunity to succeed.  I invite you to play an active role in your child’s education by talking each with your child about their learning and communicating with me. 

I am a strong believer in challenging students and maintaining high expectations.  Students will be expected to follow our school and classroom expectations.  It is important to me that your child feels successful, and I am looking forward to working with you as a partner in their education.  If at any time you have a question, compliment or concern, I will be happy to talk with you.  Please write me a note, text me, give me a call or email me and I will try to respond as soon as possible.  I want you to feel well informed throughout the year.  Welcome again to a wonderful new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment